Sunday 10 January 2010

The best Porridge Biscuits - Easy peasy recipe


My favourite biscuits ever, recipe credits must go to my lovely Gran.


8oz Marg (I use Stork)
8oz Caster sugar
2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
2 Level teaspoons hot water
2 Level teaspoons bicarb of soda
8oz Self raising flour
8oz Porridge oats

Method:
Melt marg, sugar and syrup in a pan over a low heat.

Mix hot water and bicarb in a cup, add to pan and it should go all frothy. Take off heat, add oats and flour and mix well.

Roll mixture into little balls, pop onto a baking sheet or stone, flatten slightly and bake for approx 10 mins at 180 until golden brown. Cool on a rack, coat in melted chocolate if you wish and eat.

Makes about 16.

7 comments:

  1. these are always a winner in my house with both adults and childrens. Everyone who tastes them wants the recipe.

    you should send the recipe to the new baking blog. Make it bake it http://makeitbakeitblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/shortbread.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I'm on a diet but hell they look good! Might have to try those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of coating them in chocolate. I make a raisin and cinnamon version you might like to try - you can follow my link if you'd like the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can officially confirm that these biscuits made by the Lax Mummy herself are Deeeelicious!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have tried several times to make these, I burn them each time, my oven is pants!! :o(

    ReplyDelete