Monday 29 March 2010

HItched

Well the boy and I finally did it and tied the knot on Saturday.

The sun was shining and the beautician booked to do makeup and nails rang in sick. My best pal/hairdresser stepped up to the fore taking me on a dash round the local boots to get some heavy duty slap and taking over the eyelashglueingon for all the ladies.

A local salon managed to fit me in to get my nails done at two hours notice but sadly it was the time I was supposed to be having my hair done so my friend had about 20 minutes to pin my hair up further pressured by my anxious neighbour keep reminding her we were going to be late.

I did my makeup myself and didn't once get mistaken for a chap which I take as being a roaring success.

The wedding car (a 1925 Bullnose Morris) had a top speed of 35 mph and didn't like hills or first gear which made for a very entertaining and fun journey!

The ceremony is a bit of a blur now, I remember my boyfriend's pal getting quite choked up doing his reading which made me a bit teary then my friend got really emotional on hers and had me in floods of tears. I noticed a blob of mascara on my dress just as we were about to sign the register but then realised it was my contact lens! I very hastily poked it back in much to the registrar's concern.

Isabella had lost all interest in the ceremony and proceeded to pull her dress up and sit kissing her knees alternately. She was wholly engrossed in the knee kissing which was a nice distraction from the crying/loss of sight in one eye.

Afterwards we went outside to take a few photos by the lake and the photographer walked backwards into a huge pile of dog poo which had my OH giggling for the rest of the day. Most of the photos feature Isabella jumping into midair or clutching onto a bag of Quavers that the wedding coordinator gave her. It was a gorgeous crisp day with a gentle breeze that made all my hair fall out of the pins and slap me round the face repeatedly.

After the ceremony we headed back to our village hall for drinks and dancing.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mrs! Well done for dealing with the sick beautician without freaking out (I would have!). It sounds like a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a fab do it was too. Readers, she looked gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. So glad you had a lovely day. Only one thing missing - Photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that photo! Beautiful!

    I quite enjoyed the dancing too...:D.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That sounds like a perfect wedding day. Your photo is beautiful.

    MD xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful, many congratulations. You look beautiful.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fab day! Congratulations! D x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you both and by the way you so dont look like a boy! Beautiful picture XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations - you look gorgeous and I hope you managed to get the flowers you wanted!
    BNMx

    ReplyDelete